Virtual Urgent Care Visits
Free Virtual Urgent Care Visits for Anyone Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms
To help our communities prepare for and respond to the spread of COVID-19, we’re offering free virtual care visits from the convenience and safety of home for anyone exhibiting mild to moderate COVID-19 symptoms.
Here’s how Virtual Care Anywhere works:
- Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms can receive a Virtual Care Anywhere visit. Symptoms can include low-grade fever (100.4 or above), cough, or shortness of breath. For more information about specific symptoms and testing, please refer to the CDC testing guidelines.
- This visit is from the comfort of your own home - using your computer or hand held device. To access a free virtual urgent care visit, click here, download the Virtual Care Anywhere app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or call 855.356.8053 and use the coupon code COVID19.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How does a virtual urgent care visit with Virtual Care Anywhere work?
Virtual urgent care is available to everyone in our community. You can meet with one of our providers via phone or video chat. You can request video chat through the mobile app, or via the website or toll-free number. For a video chat, once you request a virtual health visit, the provider will "meet" you in the virtual exam room once they are ready for you. If the provider misses you, they will attempt to contact you via the backup phone number you provide.
- What is the cost of a virtual urgent care visit?
Right now we are offering free virtual health visits for anyone experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus. Symptoms include low-grade fever, cough or respiratory problems.
Visits typically have a flat fee of $35, but use coupon code COVID19 and your visit will be free.
- Who is eligible for a free virtual urgent care visit?
Virtual health visits will be offered for free for anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms using the coupon code COVID19. Symptoms can include low-grade fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Will insurance cover my visit?
If you do not use the coupon code to receive a free visit, most insurance plans do not cover virtual health services at this time. If your insurance plan does cover the visit, you can submit your bill as a claim for reimbursement. Additionally, virtual health visits are a qualified medical expense and you can typically use your HSA or FSA account to pay for it.
- Who should seek a virtual urgent care visit?
Virtual health can be a good option for anyone who would like to visit with a doctor from the comfort and safety of their home or workplace. As the new coronavirus creates more demand at local health care facilities, we are encouraging all patients to consider a virtual visit as an alternative to going to the doctor’s office.
If you believe you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, a virtual urgent care visit is a chance to speak with a medical professional before going to a physical care location. Anyone experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19 is eligible for a free virtual health visit using the coupon code COVID19.
- Can I make an appointment for a virtual urgent care visit?
Virtual Care Anywhere is on-demand – there are no appointments. As soon as you request a visit, we arrange a visit with the next available provider.
- Why are people encouraged to use virtual urgent care as an option?
A virtual health visit can be a fast and easy way to visit with a doctor. With the spread of coronavirus in our communities, using virtual health visits can also help people get medical advice without needing to visit a physical care location, and reduce demand at local health care facilities.
- Can I only receive one free visit? What if I need a follow up visit?
If you have had a virtual visit and are still not feeling well, our virtual providers are happy to conduct a follow-up visit with you. If you are seen within 48 hours with the same chief complaint, you will not be charged for a new visit. If you are calling back outside of 48 hours or about a new chief complaint or condition, then you will be charged for your visit.
- What if I’m not sure if I have COVID-19 symptoms? Can I still get a free visit?
If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, use the coupon code COVID19 to receive a free visit.
- How long will the wait time be?
Typically, you can connect with a health care provider in 30 minutes. Please note that because of high demand right now, wait times may be higher – but virtual urgent care is still likely to be a faster and safer option that going to the doctor’s office.
- Will the virtual urgent care provider be able to diagnose me with COVID-19 and/or get me tested?
Our providers are using a clinical guideline to help assess risk of the patient based on CDC criteria. There is a physician infection control officer available to the doctors in the group 24x7 for questions and escalations. While a diagnosis of COVID-19 at this point cannot be confirmed via virtual/remote care, care teams can screen patients, assign risk, answer questions, and recommend the next steps a patient should take, including healing at home in low risk cases and white glove referral to hospital care for highest risk patients.
- Will my primary care provider receive my visit record?
After every virtual visit, the Virtual Care Anywhere provider will write a personalized visit summary that outlines the visit, treatment recommendations and outcomes which you can choose to share with your primary care provider at the close of the visit. This visit summary is accessible at any time from your Virtual Care Anywhere account page.
For support and technical assistance please call, 833-433-5928 or email email@example.com. Support is available on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year.